Saturday, November 22, 2008

i'm holding close all i hold dear, hoping i'll find a map from here.

i may not always get the words quite right,
as a matter of fact,
i've been known to stumble my lines.
but the point is there,
and the message's clear.
always and forever,
but never again.
it feels worse knowing
you didn't even care.
tonight the liquor is my best friend,
and the center of all my concerns.
and i'm getting way too woozy,
but my brain, it never learns.
please let's start this over,
rewind this evening.
i don't even know what to make of this.
you win and you lose,
and you lose,
and you lose.
but still always playin' on top.
sometimes it hurts to wear a smile.
sometimes it hurts just to be around you.
i'm disgusted with my cravings.
i'm becoming disgusted with myself.
why won't this all just go away?

after tonight,
i won't believe in you anymore.

No comments: