Thursday, December 4, 2008

the most unusual situation i've gotten myself into.

you say a lot of words there kid,
how many are for me?
cause little do you know,
you are my everything.
& you got a lot of friends there, sweetheart.
and it's hard to shine so bright,
in a world as illuminated as yours,
to stay ablaze is upwards fight.
i know i'm no saint,
or anybody's savior,
but god damn,
i would fight the rain if it would make you smile.
and hows that fire burnin, baby?
i can see it in your eyes.
but i fear that it's been built up,
something another man has transcribed.
so i'm leaving you this letter,
hopefully it will make you see,
that you my dear are the one,
who has set that fire in me.
but you know a lot of people,
yeah, you got a lot of real good friends,
and i'm really not sure if i'm the one
who you'd run to when it ends.
but if you want to, you can roll over,
and come lay down next to me,
and i can show you what you've hoped for,
and i can show you what we'd be.
and you'll throw another log on my fire,
another kind word you've sent my way,
and i'll be right here waiting for you,
when you decide it's time to stay.

No comments: