Monday, December 1, 2008

an open letter to my sweetheart.

i don't know how to say this,
so here goes.
since the moment we met,
somethings been different.
i don't know what it is,
but i can smell it in the air,
i can see it in my steps.
you are everything a little boy ever dreamed of.
and those slight stutters,
yeah, they're for you
the feelings are there but the phrase sticks in me like glue.
i can't tell you i love you and not hear it back,
the thought of that moment brings a panic attack.
so how can i get through to you,
without having to say a word?
i've always been so good with those,
but my mouth runs dry when you're around.
you leave me speechless,
stunning with your beauty.
i'm sending brain waves through my eyeballs,
hoping you'll pick up the signal,
and sometimes, i think i see a response,
but i don't know what to make of it.
i was always one to go for what i wanted,
and i feel that without this,
my life will forever go on haunted.
you see, you're the wish that keeps me believing.
and pardon me if i'm too afraid to make a move,
i'm just so scared of anything but perfection with you.
i'm at your will.
either hold me down,
or just give me a go,
or how about a sign, or something,
i don't know.
i just can't erase this picture of you in my head,
or our perfect moment,
or just lying in bed,
or anything even remotely related to you,
because if there's one thing i know for sure that is true,
it's that nothing matters as much to me in this world,
nothing, not as much as you do.

the reason i do,
half the shit that i do,
is me trying to get,
closer to you.

1 comment:

Eleanor said...

very well written. and i think you might be what every little girl dreams of, as well