Monday, December 1, 2008

a masterpiece in progress

my heart is racing from the red bull,
think i might need something quick.
time is passing, and i'm mindful,
but i'm getting myself sick.
and i work so long
on not working at all,
in a world that seemed so big,
but you remind me just how small.
and i spend my time,
doing nothing at all,
this mountain didn't seem so big,
but i could never last the fall.
because i can't fly,
the way i'd like to,
and i can only try,
to get inside you.
like the way you did for me,
right now you're all that i see,
you're in my brain,
eating my thoughts again.

looking through those eyes as the clock ticks,
a new minute, a new hour, a new day.
making measures in my head as the song skips,
a new month but i still feel all the same way.

you're not a bad way to start december,
you're not a bad way to start december.

No comments: