Friday, August 15, 2008

ripping myself apart.

always hungry, never satisfied,
always sleeping, but never alive.
you got what you wanted,
and still ask again.
its not obtaining that's the problem,
its having the balls
to grab
what you want.
is it self confidence?
do you feel you don't deserve it?
there must be an explanation.
you have the world in your hands,
and you're still sitting on the floor.
you have the key to the universe,
if you'd just walk out that door.
the way the globe spins,
it's no mystery to me,
but the way the my mind works,
I wouldn't understand in a century.
the cookie's right there,
sitting on the table,
and you've got it in your sights,
ready, willing, and able.
now take a breath,
take a chance,
and make a move.
because I mean,
nothing's really ever hurt you that bad before.

a mess,
but I'm on the road.

1 comment:

Elixa of Life said...

I really loved this poem.
It's kinda how my life is..maybe thats why i like it.
I like your description. It's quite open which i love. i love confessional style poetry and you do it well