Friday, August 1, 2008

le fevre.

she has hair just like an angel,
no not the pasta,
like the goddess.
i watch it dance as she flows through the water
in a wave in an ocean in a dream.
this short frame of time feels like a millennium,
to the synapse deep inside my mind.
and in my wake its just a few blocks away,
in that little room i know where to find.
flip flop, criss cross, and a two hour drive,
roll over, drop down, just to chill by my side.
fat bags, long drags, on a ridiculous ride.
and ill hold on to the fever til the day that i die.

take me out to the valley,
where the country meets the city,
where the water meets the mountains.
take me to the place that will always be sacred,
to all that stumble upon its path.
to the place where it doesn't matter who you are,
just the fact that it's you that's there.
where we can all live as one,
under one sun,
where the life opens,
and you see, it's only just begun.
love me in my hometown,
love me where im from.
not where i've been.
where i get my bills from the man,
not from the street.
and tell me,
tell me that we'll never have to leave.
together forever, in harmony.
uptown, downtown, no matter where we rest at,
we all have a place on church,
and we'll laugh away the day,
with cheap cigarettes and beer,
in our own little city,
where all our friends are near.



thanks for reading, kid.

No comments: