Thursday, August 7, 2008

shrubs.

i think i want to fly away,
to a world thats still unknown.
where everything is backwards,
and i would like to build a home.
and maybe they would know me there,
for who i am and not who i should be,
and maybe they would all be friends,
and maybe i could make some family.
because im done with despair and waiting around,
for the world to stop turning or to gain some new ground,
or to find everything that doesn't want to be found,
so i'll leave in the night without making a sound,
and i'll head for the hills where i'll build me a ship,
and i'll find me a rocket that'll go along with it,
and i'll fly away, way up high,
and i'll leave my mark with a hole in the sky,
like a crack in the world or a slit in the screen,
or all of the plants that will yellow, but not green.

last night some kid recognized me and anthony
from the days when we used to play in EGL.
made my day, hands down.
the kid approached us and was like
"hey weren't you guys in that band
'everybody gets laid'?"
i haven't ever been recognized for that,
nor have i played with them in 2 years,
so that excited me. haha.

so i keep reminding myself to update,
but then i always feel like i'll have more time later,
and then i never do. so updates are lacking.
i apologize.
however, i am leaving long island tomorrow for new paltz,
my new residence.
where i currently do not have cable or internet,
so there will quite possibly be a lack in the next few days,
but we'll be back soon. stay tuned.

i would like to lay and chat with you,
on a romantic getaway, booked just for two,
where we could relax, and i'll learn your anatomy,
and we'll see what else you can get out of me.
in a dreamscape we'll watch as the stars fly by,
and i'll count all my blessings with you by my side.

No comments: