Thursday, August 21, 2008

the rising.

my first delivery of the year.
load in:
8 regular cases
4 sugar-free
40 4-packs
5+ ice boxes
2 barmats
and countless other odds and ends.
that's a lot of product,
I'm excited to get started.
so in light of the occasion,
party at my house tonight.

some people call it the sophmore slump,
but I don't understand why everyones down in the dumps.
we're all still here,
we're all still alive,
but we're waiting and wishing,
and waiting to thrive.
because that's what we believe we'll do.
however I doubt being homeless,
was ever in their plan,
or waiting till fourty,
to still not find a man.
but the measure of life,
is the chances you took,
although you won't find that in your scholarly textbook.
red white and blue,
these colors don't run,
unless there is something,
that needs to be done.
like protecting our children,
or keeping our word,
or acknowledging the secrets too many ears have heard.

I'm being held by something.
although I can't see what it is.
what is this place?
am I alone now?
how did I end up so far from my home?

maybe eveythings the same,
maybe I'm the only one who thinks anything has changed.
maybe everythings the same.
and I never wanted it to change anyway,
but something feels different now.

No comments: