Tuesday, October 21, 2008

emotions change with the seasons.

the wind whistles outside my window,
and with a glance i notice the tornado like movement of the leaves.
'this is fall' i think to myself,
'this is falling.'
you never know quite when it's going to sneak up on you,
but when it does it brings with it this whirlwind of sorts,
making a mess of everything that's been organized so neatly.
i had piles for everything.
potentials, memories, and really important things for the present.
now they're all spread out across my floor.
and the best part is,
i don't even seem to mind.
you see,
i still miss her sometimes,
when i'm alone in my bed.
late nights,
sloppy returns.
all the technology in the world
couldn't make
a pillow to match her breathing.
and even if it could,
it wouldn't be the same.
and still,
every now and again i find myself yearning,
for that familiar scent,
that body that my fingers memorized long ago.
but my conscious knows i'm better off,
and lately my heart's been pointing in another direction.
and she might be the change that makes me better.
the same way time and time before i let my brain fall to the sidelines,
i'm beginning to think another way.
and there's just a shot as any that i'll end up in the same place
6 months down the line.
but i guess it's better to go with the flow,
and move with the wind,
since there will always be more,
whenever the sun rolls back in.

1 comment:

m. said...

i don't know how it's possible, but sometimes your entries help me make sense of my own messes.