Saturday, October 25, 2008

living when life's well.

faux october
i'll fall for you in late september,
tell me you love me like i know you do.
and we'll fall hard into november,
burning with passion while our lips turn blue.
and i'll hold on till late december,
and while the snow comes down,
i'll hold to you like glue.

say,
you really know how to flatter a guy.

it's a shitty day in new paltz.
looks like it'll be raining/cloudy all day.
i am not very excited about this.
however,
today could certainly take a turn in my favor.
we shall see.

i've been reading more and more poetry lately,
and yeah, there's great stuff out there,
but i like it better when it's written by my friends.
thats why im always on falley's tumblr,
because i want to be like her when i grow up. (youcanholdmehere)
:)
so, if you have ever read this,
or even glanced at it,
check out her's.
it makes my stuff look like grade school journal entries.

i think that this is the new start to the rest of my life.
i remember hitting the reset button once or twice before,
but i think this time i'm set.
i'm where i want to be,
with inspiration all around me,
and a perfect little spot to grow in.
it's true i have doubts,
and sometimes i'm searching for outs,
but nowhere like here shouts
'this is home.'
so with the state on my back,
and the city by my side,
let's hop on a cloud and ride.
don't know where we're going,
but we're never gunna stop,
not till the last level,
not till the very top.
now look at me like my eyes are the savior,
like we've never been hurt before,
and as i move through the towers and stories of life,
hang on to me,
and know that no matter what i do,
i'm never quite as good as when i'm standing next to you.

1 comment:

Eleanor said...

i read everything you write. which sounds stalker-esque.
and i like your friends poetry and words.