Monday, October 20, 2008

the lights are flashing red, but i just wanna gun it.

no matter what i say love,
no matter what i do,
every little thing is just to get me back to you.
no matter what i say love, 
no matter what i do,
i'd give up everything,
just to stay beside you.

i find myself at a crossroads.
to my right,
i see everything that i have ever desired.
and to my left,
i see nothing but happiness.
the problem is,
these two are no longer intertwined.
in order to fulfill my dreams
i am sacrificing a part of myself.
losing part of what makes me, me,
for what i suppose i believe is
'the greater good',
internally.
it's hard to put to words,
i just feel like,
this is it,
this is the last chance to stop things.
to take it easy.
because if i keep heading in the direction i'm going,
there's no turning back.
it's a shame. 
this was just getting fun.
oh well,
shift into drive and slam my foot to the floor,
i've given up what i had,
and the life i knew before.
in hopes that with my twisted mind
i can conquer my demons,
and splatter the world with my proverbial semen.

i think that i can feel myself changing.
for the better, i suppose.
it's just weird how i'm now consciously able to notice the difference between the way i currently operate, and the way things used to go.
i have to say,
i think this is 'maturing'.

No comments: