Monday, October 27, 2008

i went from crushing on you, to crushing your memories.

i retrace the conversation
as if it's just been said.
back to the moment she hacked at
the hand that fed.
you want compassion,
while you're in denial
and expect me to stand here,
like its all worth my while.
you're holding back,
while i'm hanging on,
it's the same train we've been riding
for far too long.
well i've missed my stop,
and i'm long since lost,
and i've invested so much more,
than what it had originally cost,
but thats how it is,
and thats what i do,
because i had been holding the feeling,
that my someone was you.
i don't want to accept
just walking away,
and wasting all the time i spent,
from a year ago to today,
because my time isn't priceless,
but it sure ain't free,
and i'd rather walk away
then continue to let you make a fool out of me.
because when we're alone
it's pure ecstasy.
but with others we clash,
and it cant be healthy.
so here's my resignation,
signed on the black line,
stating that i'm refusing to give you,
anymore of my time.

No comments: