Sunday, October 5, 2008

i saw her at a bonfire.

stop standing like that.
with your hand on your hip,
and that little smirk that you do.
move.
move to me.
and brushing up against my shoulder
when you're too drunk to stand upright,
isn't my idea of appropriate affection.
i can see by the look in your eye
that you're in this as bad as i am,
and that stare leaves no questions unanswered,
except for all the ones racing through my head.
can you hear me?
do you feel it too?
do you want me?
do you want me to want you too?
how come it's taken us so long,
to still end up exactly where we started?
and why can't i look away?
or forget my lack of drunk that day?
or remember just how i used to feel about anyone
or anything else?
because the only thing i see is you,
and you're smile says the spell's cast on two.
but you're always leaving right before the best part.
so what do you really want me to do?
spill my guts like a show for you?
because if you have the mindset,
then i've got the plan,
and i'd love to run this as far as we can.
but i can only go as far as my mortal soul will let me.
so when you wake up in the morning,
i pray that you won't forget me.
or the night we had,
or the things we've done,
or the thoughts in your head,
that said that i am the one.

No comments: