Sunday, July 13, 2008

think happy thoughts.

today I got caught up inside a day-dream,
then something stole the air.
that familiar scent of yours,
still lingering somewhere.
so I turned into my pillow,
and I tried to catch a buzz,
something inside recalling,
what I believed true love was.
remember you would hold my hand
through snow-storms,
and we caught leaves as they would fall,
and when the buds came in,
I remember your grin,
yes I was a prisoner,
to the marvel,
of it all.

I find peace in the pulsating bass,
and the wrinkles by your lips,
when a smiles on your face.
see I don't remember last night,
or much of the night before,
but ill never forget your first flight,
and how it made me miss you more.
because I, I am euphoric,
and you are my grandeur,
but you leave just like the phoenix,
and I'm left to watch you soar.

two freshies.
but i need to find my old b-sides.
there was some real good stuff on there.

i'm going to try and upgrade my life,
i need a change of class.
apply for a new parking permit,
somewhere closer to the glass.
ill buy lots of stuff that i don't need,
just because i've got the cash,
and ill buy you some big flashy car,
something a little worse on gas.
and we can get everything we've ever wanted,
yeah, we can be happy.
because we'll have everything we need,
because all that matters is money.
well i wish it were true,
because that i could do,
if that would get me you,
i would do anything.

No comments: