Monday, July 14, 2008

making something of myself.

i was born into a family that could afford the finer things,
but not the finest.
and like my father before me wanted a better life for his children,
as do i for mine.
the storm of my lifetime has been building up for years,
the thunder and the lightning can be found,
ringing in my ears.
so i will take what i've been given,
plant it down below the earth,
and sprout myself a bean stalk,
and ride it up the ladder of social worth.
see i'm the grand commander,
the lieutenant & the saint,
and i will not let the people rest,
until they've heard what i have to say.
so take all thats forbidden,
and what they say that you cant have,
because the answers may seem hidden,
but don't let that hold you back.
we are the leaders of the future,
we're the next page in the book,
and im painting the colors and shades of the world,
to be exactly as i want them to look.

No comments: