Monday, July 28, 2008

I just want to hear some rhythm.

springsteen at giant stadium tonight.
tailgating now.
my dad bought us tickets,
first time in awhile where its just me and him.
and not that I don't appreciate this time spent with him,
I wish we had more to talk about.
but Bruce has always been
a common ground for us.

I also find it really funny,
when 45+ year old dudes play beer pong,
and take it really seriously.

one day a week,
every once in awhile,
we find ourselves staring out,
in awe of the beauty,
that surrounds us daily.
from that little rocky look-out.
on the top of the mountain.
and we start our own little forest fires,
protected by paper-thin sheets,
that burn down in a line,
just like we want them to.
and we laugh and we ramble,
and throw our heads around,
to give our minds some air,
and we smash and we gamble,
and open up ourselves in ways,
that will remedy any dispair.
and on our off days,
we fashion ourselves,
in our business suits,
so the world will think that we're sane,
and we build up on our shelves,
with silver and gold,
so that the world will know our name.
well instead of fortune 500,
ill carve my name into this tree,
and after I'm dead,
well this trunk will be left,
and it'll always remember me.

No comments: