Monday, July 14, 2008

there's no 'us' in this.

and that thing that you keep hidden,
the prize that you've been given,
well its time you stand
and show it to the world.

see lately I've got this problem with making sense,
and falling in love
and stupid nonsense.
see, I want to enjoy it and I want to live,
and I want to love you, only you.
but won't you let me?
open this door,
and I know that we've been here a time before,
but don't leave like all of this meant nothing.
we are young and alive
and without compromise
lets love like its in our blood.
if its meant to be for you and me,
then who cares if its misunderstood?
its about you and me and not what they see
and I certainly don't give a shit.
a love like this never seemed to exist
so I'm through with everything but it.
because I'd give you my heart,
to detach from my chest if only to watch it bleed,
at least then I would die believing
that I had given you what you need.


what I wanted all along,
turns out I had from the start,
she stood by my side like it was some kind of art,
and so I want you to know that
you can always count on me.
tread on me, when you cannot see,
I will be your eyes, I will be your eyes,
but I won't let you hide, and I won't leave your side,
don't worry baby, just wait and see.
so don't look down below, leave that up to me,
were just killing time, but pretty soon you'll find,
its not cutting ties, or telling lies,
its just a love that most will never know.

black out,
i'm blind,
the summer's point,
is burning time.
but a love that lasts,
forever is golden.

i need a girl from another world,
with a whole new frame of mind.
with the beauty of a supernova,
that leaves the milky way behind.

she sings like the birds,
in the middle of the winter.
who woo wee,
to be a grasshopper,
bouncing up your sleeve.

and its funny to think how,
all these daydreams i had while,
missing you don't seem to mean a thing.

and even when I got the whole world in my pocket,
she still knows how to keep me like a locket,
won't bother with me for a week or two,
then the 'oh look, how cute are you?'
i don't have time to play games,
kick ass, or take names,
but if you want it then you got it,
if you'd do me the same.
24 seven, otherwise its gone,
i'm already overdue,
you've left me running too long.

& if you're single & lonely,
then baby have i got a heart for you..

oh watch me while i sleep,
cuz she is coming.
as i fly up through my dreams,
up through tonight.
i see her creeping in the darkness,
but i cannot see her face,
she's like an angel thats been hidden,
in the deepest, blackest place.

i've found love in an island,
& paradise in the sand.

we sing in rhythms that no one can comprehend,
& we sleep in patterns that no one can understand.

were not the same as we used to be, used to be,
an assassin walks among us.
we used to be, we used to be,
so much more before,
before we were hunted.

some old, some new.
going through the 'kick is taking
a lot longer than expected.

i like these though,
it's a pretty good compilation.

No comments: