Saturday, July 12, 2008

who we are.

i literally shake when you come close to me.
i realized that i have never felt feelings like i do when you're around.
it's like you're the first girl i've ever kissed,
but that doesn't even matter. it's just you.
i feel the blood moving through my veins.
i can feel my heartbeat in my finger tips.
i can't keep still, but my eyes remain fixed.
i've never had nerves like this before.

she's the apple of my eye,
& she owns a small piece of me.
but she's not mine.

i have it riding around my head like a paperboy,
spreading the news, letting my insides know.
big picture, in color, you on the cover.

but we are only the classiest form of scum.
the religion of the damned.
living each night not for the moment,
but for the high.
we are all addicted to something,
use & abuse.
but our addictions are our lives.
i would never let you fall off,
you're not like that.
we are just all too familiar with what should be a blurry,
crazy mess.
what we know is the reason other people take.
we've found answers to questions we never even thought to ask.
for a piece of yourself you can learn something you never thought imaginable.

we are the influence.
we are the cause & effect.
we are the reason, the meaning.
but can we ever regain ourselves?
have we lost who we were to be who we wanted to for a minute?
or are you still in there somewhere?
innocent. pure. genuine.
love.

i hope one day, someone associates me with Jove. Jove was like, the king of all the Roman gods, similar to Zeus, he was popular for his 'experience with women'. he is Jupiter, our biggest planet. he was the all knowing, the spiritual guider. i like that.
it's just something i've been kicking around. i think that would be an honor.

blunt, case, pizza race tonight. should be interesting.
but for now, clams & landsharks @ the Fredericks.
the guys are playing, (oh, here's the promo spot:
Check out Cloud 9, the freshest music you've ever heard.
for reallllllll. http://www.myspace.com/upstateofmind
I wouldn't lie to you, they happen to be friends of mine,
but the music IS really, really, really good)
it should be a good night.

until next time,
be easy.

No comments: